This is a seasonal position, working from October 3, 2022 – March 10, 2023
- Operate and maintain ice resurfacing equipment
- Ensure quality ice resurfacing to accommodate various activities with hockey, figure skating and public skate, by installing, removing, marking, and maintaining the ice surface
- Responsible for the operation and care of the ice resurfacing equipment and monitoring the Operation of the refrigeration systems
- Provide quality customer service to a variety of arena facility users by managing ice bookings, answering questions, assist with concerns and direct the customers to the correct person
- Monitor rink and room bookings to ensure clients with reserved ice time and facility rooms adhere to the confirmed times
- Monitor the actions of groups and individuals using the arena facilities, i.e., public awareness of bylaws and regulations
- Plan, prioritize and organize tasks to meet daily operational needs of the facility
- Perform custodial duties, general maintenance, and repair tasks throughout the facility
- Ensure all procedures identified in the arena operations manual are followed
- Keep the supervisor informed of issues affecting departmental operations
- Maintain simple records such as, but not limited to, facility use, maintenance schedules, facility concerns, supplies needed, and other reports as directed by supervisor
- Maintain and ensure safe work practices are observed for all tasks
- Good mechanical aptitude
- Experience operating Ice Resurfacing equipment is an asset but willing to train
- Valid class 5 driver's license
- Current First Aid and CPR certificate will be provided by employer.
Shifts may include working alone. Shift work is required including evenings and weekends.
Hours for this position will be up to 30hrs per week.
Competition will be open until 4pm September 29, 2022 .
Send resumes to email@example.com
Fax to 780-796-3037 or mail to Town of Bruderheim, Box 280, Bruderheim, AB T0B 0S0
For further information regarding the job description and requirements please contact Dennis Tomuschat, Director of Infrastructure firstname.lastname@example.org
Public Works – this posting is for one permanent, full-time position
- Performs duties or operates all equipment used in maintenance of streets, utilities, arena and other public works functions
- Performs manual labour as necessary, such as shoveling, lifting heavy objects and trimming of brush and trees
- Undertake all preventative maintenance, repairs and operation, of all equipment
- Assume on-call or standby duties on a rotation basis
- Must adhere to all safety standards under the Occupational Health and Safety Act and pursuant regulations, Town policies and procedures and WHMIS guidelines.
- Performance of other duties and responsibilities as assigned. Flush, clean and maintain water, storm and sanitary lines, mains and facilitates, including hydrants and valves associated with system.
- Must have or be working towards an Alberta Motor Vehicle Operator’s Class 3 Licence with air brakes endorsement
- Minimum of 5 years equipment experience
- Grade 12 education or equivalency
- Strong Mechanical Aptitude is a must
- Preference will be given to those candidates with a water/wastewater certification
Pay Grid is $27.48-$31.53 per hour.
Competition will remain open until a suitable candidate is found.
Please email your resume and cover letter addressing your strengths as a candidate and interest in the project to email@example.com.
Thank you for your interest in the Town of Bruderheim. We contact only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.