This is a seasonal position, working until March 10, 2023
- Operate and maintain ice resurfacing equipment
- Ensure quality ice resurfacing to accommodate various activities with hockey, figure skating and public skate, by installing, removing, marking, and maintaining the ice surface
- Responsible for the operation and care of the ice resurfacing equipment and monitoring the Operation of the refrigeration systems
- Provide quality customer service to a variety of arena facility users by managing ice bookings, answering questions, assist with concerns and direct the customers to the correct person
- Monitor rink and room bookings to ensure clients with reserved ice time and facility rooms adhere to the confirmed times
- Monitor the actions of groups and individuals using the arena facilities, i.e., public awareness of bylaws and regulations
- Plan, prioritize and organize tasks to meet daily operational needs of the facility
- Perform custodial duties, general maintenance, and repair tasks throughout the facility
- Ensure all procedures identified in the arena operations manual are followed
- Keep the supervisor informed of issues affecting departmental operations
- Maintain simple records such as, but not limited to, facility use, maintenance schedules, facility concerns, supplies needed, and other reports as directed by supervisor
- Maintain and ensure safe work practices are observed for all tasks
- Good mechanical aptitude
- Experience operating Ice Resurfacing equipment is an asset but willing to train
- Valid class 5 driver's license
- Current First Aid and CPR certificate will be provided by employer.
Shifts may include working alone. Shift work is required including evenings and weekends.
Hours for this position will be up to 30hrs per week.
Competition will remain open until a candidate is found .
Send resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org
Fax to 780-796-3037 or mail to Town of Bruderheim, Box 280, Bruderheim, AB T0B 0S0
For further information regarding the job description and requirements please contact Dennis Tomuschat, Director of Infrastructure email@example.com