How can I pay my utility bill?
Please visit this page for information about paying your utility bill.
For utility billing inquiries, hook ups or disconnects, please contact the Bruderheim Town Office: 780-796-3731; 5017 Queen Street.
What form do I use to apply for the connection / disconnection of utilities?
Please visit our Forms Page to find and fill out these forms to apply:
Utilities Connect Form
Utilities Disconnect Form
How is my water bill calculated?
Effective January 1, 2021, Bruderheim will move to a consumption-based water rate system. Rates will now be based on consumption, similar to other consumption-based utilities, such as gas and electricity. The less water you use, the lower your bill will be. Meters will also be read monthly for more accurate bills. These changes will create a more fair and equitable utility rate structure that promotes water conservation.
How do I set up a bulk water account?
Prepaid Bulk Water Accounts can be set up at the Bruderheim Town Office, and the fill station is located at the Public Works office. After completing the appropriate form, an access code will be provided to you, and the account will require a 4 digit pin number. The access code and pin number will be your responsibility, so please keep this information in a safe place.
Fill Station Location:
5324 - 52 Avenue
Who are Bruderheim's utility service providers?
- Bruderheim gets its water from the Vegreville Water Corridor.
- The Town does not have a treatment facility, but rather has a 2,273 cubic meter capacity reservoir with distribution pumps. The 44 hydrants within the Town are serviced twice per year. Chlorine levels within the water are tested each working day, and four samples per month test for bacteria content.
- Wastewater is treated with a lagoon system, which utilizes natural processes
- Lagoons are maintained by Public Works under regulations set out by the Alberta Environment Wastewater Code of Practice
- Lagoon effluent is tested and released once per year each spring
Other Local Utility Companies
Telus (phone) 310-2255
Shaw (phone, internet, cable) 780-490-3555
Epcor (electricity) 310-4300
Park Power (electricity) 780-640-2128
Direct Energy (natural gas) 1-866-374-6299
Fortis (street lights) 310-WIRE
Olympus Energy (electricity, gas, internet) 1-855-220-5969
When will my garbage be picked up?
GFL Environmental is contracted by Bruderheim to pick up waste and recycling items within Town limits.
Pick Up Schedule:
- Residential waste and recycle pick up: every Thursday
- Commercial waste pick up: every Friday
- Please note: Your waste and recycling totes need to be on the curb by 7:00am to ensure pick up
What can be recycled under Bruderheim's blue bag program?
The Town of Bruderheim offers a curbside 'Blue Bag' program as part of its dedication to the environment.
The following items are recyclable for weekly pickup:
- Mixed paper / paperboard
- Bottles and cans
- Tetra paks
- Rigid plastic containers #1 and #2 (including milk jugs)
- Tin cans
Please no styrofoam, plastic bags, straws or plastic utensils, or hazardous waste.
My waste and recycle tote is missing. Should I try to find it?
Yes, homeowners are responsible for their waste and recycling totes. Each tote has a specific number linked to your address, so the Town Office may be able to assist you in your search. Damaged or missing totes can be replaced at a cost to the homeowner. Contact us at:
In Person: 5017 Queen Street
Should I call the Town if the wheels and/or axle of my waste tote is broken?
Yes, missing wheels and broken axels should be reported to the Town Office, and they will be replaced on location at no cost.
Do the waste and recycle totes need to be clear of obstructions around it?
Yes, waste and recycling totes are picked up by a mechanical arm, and require a minimum of 3 feet of clear space on both sides.
If I smell natural gas in my house, should I call the Town?
No, you need to contact Atco Gas at 1-800-511-3447 (24 hr).
My sewer is backing up, should I call the Town?
When your sewer is backing up, a plumber is the best person to determine where and why a blockage is occurring, and to fix the problem. If it is a recurring problem, we suggest you contact us at 780-796-3731 to arrange for a video inspection of the service line to your home.