What is the difference between a water restriction and a water ban?
During a water restriction, residents are asked to reduce non-essential water use.
During a water ban, residents are asked to discontinue all non-essential water use, and all outdoor water use is prohibited.
What to do during a water restriction / ban:
- Do not water lawns, trees and gardens
- Take short, five minute showers
- Do not wash vehicles, driveways or house exteriors
- Postpone laundry and dish washing
- Wait to fill hot tubs, pools or large aquariums
- Turn off taps while shaving and brushing your teeth
- Flush toilets only when necessary